– Clean and store your outdoor furniture;
– Storing your barbecue and storing your gas tank in a safe place for the winter;
– Remove leaves or wood around your home;
– For sloped roofs, check the condition of the shingles: make sure none are broken or corrugated;
– Finally, all your eavestroughs must be cleaned to allow water to drain properly and avoid breakage.
Inside the house
– Wash windows and remove screens to get the most out of the light in your home;
– Check window insulation;
– Check the weather stripping on doors;
– Now that you’ve insulated your windows and doors to prevent heat loss, it’s time to check your heating and ventilation;
– Finally, it is very important to clean the stove fan filter and the bathroom fan grill.
Here are a few steps that we suggest to prepare your home for colder weather to avoid any surprises! Have a good winter!